Tuesday, December 31, 2019

Week 0

My first race for 2020 will not be in until February.  I plan on doing Be My Muddy Valentine with my son which is a 5K obstacle course.  It will be our third time doing it.  Finding a race in January presented some challenges.  They were either the morning of New Years Day and I don't want to roll out of bed early for that.  Or they were on Sundays which is a difficult day for me to get away.

My current plan is to run my longest race in 2020 in Newport on May 30th.  That would be the Newport Marathon on the Oregon coast which is one of my favorite places on earth.  It makes sense to run a marathon there.  If I am following Hal Higdon's Marathon 3 program, next week would be Week 1.  This training program is 24 weeks instead of 18.  I followed it when I ran my fourth marathon in Minneapolis in 2015.  I tried following it for the last marathon earlier this year (January of 2019).  I went from very little running to training.  I suffered an ankle injury around Week 9.  I had to decrease my mileage and I basically created my own training plan.  I was able to run the marathon but I did not get the kind of training I had hoped for.  Now since I ran a 1/2 only a few weeks ago, my mileage is high.  I will tailor the program to what I specifically want to work on.

Monday = Track Run.  4 x 400 with 400 recovery.
Tuesday = Group Ride
Wednesday = Ran 5 miles on Christmas morning.
Thursday = Swam 1100 yards
Friday = Hiked Drift Creek Falls 3 miles
Saturday = Ran 3 miles on the beautiful beach in Lincoln City.  One of my favorite places to run.  Not as nice at high tide with less beach but still doable.
Sunday = Rest day.  But I did actually go for a short hike with family through the Agnes Creek trail.  The trail was not well marked so I am not sure how well we followed it. It was a nice little walk regardless.




No comments:

Post a Comment