Saturday, June 13, 2020

Scenes From Our Summer Week 1

We are not living "in the best of times."  Maybe it is reminiscent of the late 1960's or 1970's but this was before my time.  There are times I have to mentally separate myself from it.  Which to be honest is quite difficult.  Racial tensions and debates using degrading and aggressive language (on both sides of the issue) has invaded my Facebook groups. One of my groups was shut down because of it. The group was a triathlon group.  It had nothing to do with politics or the state of the world.

I have to mentally focus on something else.   Like summer.  But to be honest I do not know what kind of summer we are going to have.  There is still much that has been cancelled or is on the verge of cancelling.  There are many places that are still not open.  COVID 19 is still very real and present.  

 My oldest is taking a picture each day this summer and compiling it into an album.  I thought this was a splendid idea because it helps me focus on the present. Which to be honest I am not great at doing. It seems like I am stuck in the past holding on to things I should be letting go of.  Or else I am getting way too anxious about the future.   Children have a way of reminding us of today.  They have beautiful ways of helping us appreciate the small things.  

I am not ignoring the issues in the world right now.  Actually I am looking for positive ways to engage them.  But I am also going to focus on the little joys of today.  Here is my first photo diary of week 1.  Which technically not my first week of summer because I was still working.  


Day 1:  Shopping during a pandemic


Day 2: Strawberry season 


Day 3:  Another preschool class.  This year was memorable



Day 4:  Guitar playing in the evening.  Most evenings.



Day 5: During the COVID 19 pandemic I had to drive out to West Salem to deliver items to my preschool families.  I would often take a lunch break at the park by the river and sit in my car and look out at it.  This was my last lunch break of the year and a time of reflection for me.

Day 6:  Celebrating the end of my last full workday work with LIMEberry!
Day 7: New glasses!  Can't get used to shopping with a mask on.

No comments:

Post a Comment