Sunday, June 21, 2020

Scenes From Our Summer Week 2

Nothing could have prepared us for the past few months.  Rob mentioned he has learned many things about ministry in the past few months that seminary could never have prepared him for.  They do not teach you how to usher a church through a pandemic in higher education or any education program for that matter.  I am sure many can say similar things about their careers or parenting in a pandemic or caring for the elderly or dealing with job losses.  We are charting new territory.

I am determined to make the most of this summer.  There are not many summers left until my children are older and will be working (my oldest started working her first real job this summer!) and might be living in different places.  We are in the times when we are not held down by nap schedules or activity schedules (especially because much is cancelled!).  We have been spending time quality time together.

So here are my pictures from this past week.  One photo for each day starting with last week Saturday...

Saturday 6/13: Apples to Apples

Sunday 6/14:  Family bike ride to get ice cream

Monday 6/15: Strawberry picking

 

Tuesday 6/16:  Good-bye my dear friends.  God be with you until we meet again.
Wednesday 6/17: Chocolate and strawberry sundae break on a 24 mile bike ride on Orange Mango with the cycling club.  I missed the people I rode with last summer and was happy they remembered me.

Thursday 6/18:  Neskowin Beach.  We all needed to go here today to bask in the refreshing Oregon coast and escape some of the craziness from the last three months.

Friday 6/19 Back to the pool!  It is officially open.  Our family happy place.



No comments:

Post a Comment