Sunday, January 19, 2020

Why I am supporting 10 10

What type of ministry is 10 10.  Let me begin by telling you what kind of ministry it is not. 10 10 Ministries is not the type of ministry that is building wells for clean water.  They are not providing animals for farmers in developing third world countries.  They are not providing meals or beds for homeless shelters. So why would you give your donations to a ministry that does not have those type of visible results?

 The answer is simple.  They are supporting those who are doing these type of ministry projects and much more.

The question is not:  How could your pastor or missionary benefit from a retreat with 10 10 ministries? The better question is:  What could happen to your church or ministry if your pastor does NOT take the time he or she needs for self-care, restoration, and marriage building?

When Rob and I went to Prescott on a marriage retreat with 10 10 ministries I was a little apprehensive and mildly reluctant.  I felt like there are two marriage retreat options for pastors: the first being a group setting retreat with multiple couples and a speaker.  These type of retreats are beneficial--don't get me wrong. But we were at a point of exhaustion and needed something quieter and with less of a crowd.  The other option is a solitude retreat with a very light schedule, reflective time in nature, and unplugging from technology.  Which I could not imagine doing for five days.  Too much of an extrovert.

10 10 was neither one of these.  When I look back, it was everything we needed even though I did not know we needed it at the time.  It was only Rob and I.  We had the undivided attention and guidance of Joey and Robyn for two sessions every day.  We had plenty of time to ourselves to bask in the beautiful creation of northern Arizona, to tour new places, and relax on a hammock with a good book.  Rob and I were not in a place of crisis.  However, I had not felt as close to him as I did in Prescott...probably before we had children...if not ever.

Someone else needs this opportunity. Maybe you have someone in mind.  A typical retreat costs $1,500 to $2,500 and it is worth every single penny.  This is not the actual cost...some of the cost is covered by donors.  I would love to help (with God's strength and wisdom of course) pave the way for someone else to have this opportunity.  Will you please consider making a $10 donation (or more)? Go to the 10 10 website to make a donation today!




No comments:

Post a Comment