Tuesday, August 11, 2020

Weeks 7, 8 & 9

One photo for each day in Summer 2020.  I have been somewhat successful in rising to Hailey's challenge but I have missed a few days.  Going through these photos helps me focus on what we HAVE been able to do versus all the things that got postponed or cancelled.  I really needed that these past few weeks as we learned at least one of our kid's school will be virtual this fall.  Back to school will not look the same as it has in the past.  Sometimes the news, social media. and people's opinions have a way of spiking my anxiety.  Then I focus on our mighty God who meets each and every single one of our needs and blesses us with multiple blessings.


Sunday, July 19: 11 mile bike ride on the Old Kent Trails in Michigan with my sister
Monday, July 20:  Tunnel Park in Holland.  I love Oregon and by far my favorite place I have lived thus far in my life.  But I will always miss Lake Michigan and was grateful for the few years Rob & I lived only a few miles from the shore.
Tuesday, July 21:  Craig's Cruisers!  Rob is CRAZY on go-carts.  He may or may not have gotten a warning from the attendant.
Wednesday, July 22:  Congratulations, Jordan!  We are so proud of you.
Thursday, July 23: Cousins playing together at Millennium Park in Grand Rapids
Friday, July 24:  Flying home from O Hare airport.  I always called this the "psychedelic room" when I was younger.
Saturday, July 25:  Spending an afternoon in downtown Portland.  Walking around Pioneer Courthouse Square.

Sunday, July 26th: Bring on the heat!  First time turning on the A/C.  I welcome the hot days.  
Monday July 27th:  Making chicken kabobs on the grill.  BTW--there is no picture for Tuesday the 28th.  This turned into a pretty miserable day when we found out the public schools were going virtual for the fall.  Although our kids are in private school and my job is not affiliated with the school district, their decisions greatly influence our kid's schools and the agency I work for.

Wednesday, July 29:  Derek built a computer and it has become a cool hobby he took on this summer

Thursday, July 30:  Rob and I went kayaking on Turner Lake!  Thankful for good friends who let us use their kayaks

Friday, July 31:  I climbed Black Butte with some friends.  It was a long 9.8 mile hike but we did awesome.
Saturday, August 1st:  Date night!  In order to encourage social distancing some our downtown restaurants have seating in the streets on the weekends.  We ate the Wild Pear for the first time.  There is no picture for Sunday, August 2nd and Monday, August 3rd.  I simply forgot.
Tuesday, August 4:  Watching my nephew's graduation on Facebook Live. 
 
Wednesday, August 5:  My cat sitting in the dark.  She has been our "COVID" cat brought comfort in a feline sort of way in stressful times.
Thursday, August 6:  Camping with the younger two at an organic farm we found on Hipcamp.
Friday, August 7:  Picking peaches at Olson's.  We picked TOO MANY!
Saturday, August 8:  Trying to can all the peaches I picked.

No comments:

Post a Comment